Goto Topic: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListNew TopicSearchLog InPrint View
Status Report on ATXG4 adapter in _MY_ Gigabit Ethernet
Posted by: mattkime ()
Date: May 27, 2008 10:41PM

I've been running my PowerMac G4 500Mhz/DP with the ATXG4 adapter for about a year and five months and its run like a champ since day one.

My Config -
896MB of RAM
6 hard drives, both ATA and SATA
SATA PCI card
ATA PCI card
USB/FireWire/gigabit ethernet card

The only oddity that i noticed is that my machine wouldn't keep the date when shut down but it was never a problem for me because the time corrects itself over the network automatically.

I highly recommend this solution over paying for an expensive Apple replacement.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Status Report on ATXG4 adapter in _MY_ Gigabit Ethernet
Posted by: MacG4User ()
Date: June 22, 2008 11:02AM

So what are the specs for the power supply you used for your Gigabit Ether Mac?

Re: Status Report on ATXG4 adapter in _MY_ Gigabit Ethernet
Posted by: accorn ()
Date: November 17, 2008 12:42AM

mattkime, Have you tried replacing the pram battery on your logic board? A dead battery would cause time issues like you mentioned,

Just need to buy one like this:
[eshop.macsales.com]

Pop out the old one by putting a paperclip under the battery (under the small bump on positive connection side) and gently pry it upwards so it pops out.
Then you just gently pop the new one in.

Don't use your hands when trying to remove them - the holders are fragile and i've found the paper clip is the secret to getting them out without breaking the plastic holders.
Would have been nice if apple had paid .20 cents more to put more solid plastic on those holders, but they probably want you to break them off so you'll buy a new mac smiling smiley.

Goto: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.