Goto Topic: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListNew TopicSearchLog InPrint View
This is a little off topic, but still relates to ATX conversion
Posted by: MJMullinII ()
Date: May 08, 2008 04:16PM

I am currently in the process of moving my G4 Sawtooth into a Full Tower ATX case. I've already made an adapter cable from an ATX extension cable and have drilled new mounting holes for the motherboard, but cannot find a back I/O plate to match.

Right now I'm running without the back plate all together and this runs fine, but I would like to eventually get a backplate just for aesthetics.

I am wondering if you've ever thought about offering such things. They are simply aluminum and would probably be peanuts to manufacture if you had the right equipment.

Anyway, if you ever think about making Mac correct ATX I/O backplates, drop me a line smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This is a little off topic, but still relates to ATX conversion
Posted by: Donald Hall ()
Date: May 13, 2008 03:11PM

I would love to offer such a thing, but I don't have access to equipment that would make it worthwhile and I don't have the space for it either. Right now, all I have is a drill press and a dremel, which would mean I'd need to do each one by hand, they'd take a very long time to complete, and every one would be different. If I had some type of punch tool or CNC, I'd definitely look into it.

Options: ReplyQuote

Goto: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.