Goto Topic: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListNew TopicSearchLog InPrint View
Tested Power supplies
Posted by: DRR ()
Date: December 09, 2008 06:45AM

Just thought I'd post, I tested the Antec Basiq BP-350B 350W ATX12V Version 2.01 Power Supply,

[www.newegg.com]

And it works great with the adapters on both a DA and a Gigabit system. Also of note, they fit fine with both the single and double hole rear plastics. You can tell from the pics on newegg that the plug is "reversed" from most power supplies in that the plug is on the bottom left (if the fan is on top) just like the site recommended Thermaltake TR2 power supplies. No issues with the plastics hitting the physical on-off switch either. It looks like most of the Antec Basiq line has the "reversed" plug.

They are very inexpensive. $16 right now on newegg. They were $14 a couple days ago, with free shipping. This PS plus a $20 adapter means you can resurrect an old system for under $40! A good alternative for a light duty machine. I'd still recommend the Thermaltake for a regular use or always on machine.

Systems work normally. Sleep seems to work fine, no other issues reported. (The systems are not heavily upgraded).

Options: ReplyQuote

Goto: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.